August 99, Inc. is seeking an energetic and highly self-motivated Business Development Manager to join our team. We are a fast growing, contemporary coworking space that serves a multitude of clientele. The Business Development Manager will primarily be responsible for client relations, property management, and the daily operations of their business. You will make sure the space is operating smoothly and that desk renters are happy. You will be backed by the rest of our team, but the primary mission is to create a successful co-working space and a place for likeminded people to network, learn, and collaborate belongs to you.
We’re looking for a self-starter to manage a complex of space for startups, traditional businesses, regional offices of national firms, small businesses, and freelancers. This person will be responsible for maximizing our occupancy through sales techniques and outstanding customer service, maintaining an extraordinary sense of community, running the day-to-day operations of the space, developing creative local marketing strategies, and planning engaging member events.
Part of the Business Development Manager role is to make sure that communication remains transparent between the leadership team and the rest of the community using chat, message boards, email newsletters and other digital forms of communication.
This besides driving dialogue on topics of common interest, engage in a way so as to make the community contribute to learnings and discussions, highlight how startup entrepreneurs and professionals can benefit being a part of the community and constantly be in touch with every small development.
You must have good communication skills, a passion to work in the startup ecosystem and an ability to identify and help cross-pollination across businesses.
- Contact, pitch, sell and on-board potential franchisees, partners, real estate agents, building managers, coworking operators for real estate marketing products (Loft, Oqulo and Real)
- Create pitch decks and assist in production of marketing materials for all offerings
- Coordinate with marketing department for email blasts and events aimed at increasing sales and authority
- Meet sales quotas for each product line
- Meet weekly with CEO and report on advertising and sales activity
- Visit live franchises and complete standard checks
- Create, plan, budget, and execute ‘buzz’ events
- Promptly answer incoming sales/business development inquiries
- Participate and help plan trade shows for real estate marketing products
- Build and grow a network of real estate agents for Real
- Identify and analyze other potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing
- Close deals and coordinate with accounting on accounts receivable for book of business
- Liaise with potential new franchises and arranging meetings at both our sites and their locations
- Manage incoming franchise royalties and ensure all payments are invoiced and up-to-date
- Enforce branding/marketing guidelines and ensure all franchises meet company standards
- Prepare and distribute promotional materials to guests/potential members
- Coordinate with IT, HR, Accounting and Legal departments on behalf of franchisees
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Resolve franchisee and agent issues with professionalism and patience
- Be responsible for growing sales territory/accounts with assigned revenue and bookings — drive attainment of sales, profit, and market share objectives.
- Effectively manage key accounts. Develop an intimate knowledge of strategic accounts. Provide strategic oversight and engage additional company resources as necessary. Develop deep customer relationships from working level to senior levels. Develop & execute detailed account growth plans. Provide ongoing customer support and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Effectively lead negotiations with customers and close deals within company guidelines. Contribute to the development of contractual agreements with customers.
- Manage and grow prospect pipeline (funnel). Actively drive existing prospects to successful closure mobilizing internal resources for support as necessary. Continue to add new prospects to meet growth targets / design-win objectives.
- Generate leads through proactive business development activity. Follow up on assigned leads. Provide and document a thorough and detailed qualification of all leads.
- Drive channel partner activity within the sales territory by actively supporting and performance managing channel partners. Play a key role in driving, evaluating, managing, and refining the distributor/channel partner relationships.
- Develop and deliver strategic sales presentations, formulating and articulating value proposition.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise in relevant products and markets; monitor competitive activity and market trends; partner with Product Management & Applications Engineering to develop strategic and tactical response.
- Support core business processes including the cash call, monthly & quarterly operating reviews, annual operating planning, monthly forecast reviews, prospect pipeline reviews, sales reporting, and expense management.
- Keep abreast of industry-related knowledge and competition in order to adapt sales presentations and marketing efforts
- Penetrating mid to large-size clients for new business thru cold calling or referral network.
- Adhere to the company’s regulations for ethics, safety, and code of conduct in all personal and professional activities
- Skillfully engages resources from and communicates with internal staff, including the Operations Team of engineers and construction managers.
- Contributes to the development of the team sales and organizational marketing plans and strategies.
- Nurture leads and prospects, leading to closed sales
- Lead pitches, prepare and deliver sales proposals to prospective clients
- Manage the contract negotiation process and ensuring that required documentation is in place with new clients
- Ensure smooth transition to the franchise set-up and real estate teams upon winning the business – post contract signature
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- 5 – 7 years of work experience in sales, hospitality, customer service, or business operations
- Proven experience in selling Recruitment, IT, Legal and Accounting services.
- Experienced in Coworking set-up and processes.
- Preferably with a solid real estate background and large broker network.
- Licensed real estate broker and/or agent.
- Self-starter who has the ability to work independently
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Enjoys continuous change and improvement
- Smart casual dress code.
- Self-discipline/strong work ethic
- The ability to lead and influence the team
- Great attitude
- Desire to learn and grow
- Ability to anticipate clients’ needs
- Well organized
- Great communication skills
- Team player